Bangus en Tocho Recipe
Here's an exciting way to cook simple bangus.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 400 g bangus, large, cleaned and sliced into 8
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup oil, for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahure, drained
- 1/4 cup tokwa
- 2 stalk kinchay, cut into 1-inch long strips
1. Sprinkle bangus with salt. Fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and ginger. Pour in DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water. Stir.
3. In a bowl, mash tahure, and tokwa together. Add to the sauce. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Add fried bangus and simmer for another 3 minutes. Add kinchay.