This hearty Visayan soup is perfect for everyday meals.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 27 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 3 stalk tanglad, pounded
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 6 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 2 cup squash, cut into chunks
- 1 cup okra, cut diagonally into 2
- 1 cup sitaw, cut into 3-inches long
- 1 cup eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 pc galunggong, fried
- In a pot, combine tanglad, onion, ginger, water, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add squash and simmer until tender, then add okra and sitaw. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in eggplant and malunggay, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt then turn off heat. Add the fried galunggong.
This Law-Uy vegetable dish is high in vitamin B1 that helps keep the nervous system healthy. It is also a source of calcium that helps make bones and teeth strong.
Tomato sauce adds richness and "linamnam" to this simple vegetable dish.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment