Beef and Sausage Casserole Recipe
This hearty stew gets a pina-level up twist!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 35 mins.
Serving Size : 12
- 1 1/2 kg beef, round or sirloin, whole
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Tomato Paste (70g)
- 2 pc beef bouillon cube
- 5 cup water
- 2 Tbsp pickle relish
- 1 can liver spread (85g)
- 1 can chorizo de bilbao (210g), sliced, reserve oil
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, diced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
1. Marinate beef for 20 minutes.
2. Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add DEL MONTE Tomato Paste and stir for 1 minute or until tomato paste browns.
3. Add beef with the marinade and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add beef cubes and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 1/2 hours or pressure cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add pickles, liver spread, chorizo and chorizo oil. Cook for another 20 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks with syrup, bell peppers, and dissolved cornstarch. Simmer until thick.
6. Slice meat thinly and return to sauce. Serve.