Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
Enjoy the light and refreshing flavors of these rolls.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 7 mins.
Serving Size : 7
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 7 pc rice paper
- 1/4 cup water, enough to damp each piece of rice paper
- 100 g lettuce, trimmed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup sotanghon, cooked
FOR THE NAM PRIK SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve 1/4 cup syrup
- 2 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic, grated
1. In a bowl, combine chicken thigh fillet, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Marinate For 30 minutes.
2. Grill chicken until well done, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes then slice into strips.
3. To assemble the spring rolls: Sprinkle or brush water over the rice paper to moisten so that it will be pliable. Layer with lettuce, sliced chicken, carrot, basil, cilantro, and sotanghon. Roll tightly as possible. Slice the roll into 4. Repeat until you finish all the ingredients.
4 Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, along with the reserved pineapple syrup.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Grill Pan
- Chopping Board