Cabbage Rolls Recipe
Roll out the flavor with this delicious Cabbage Roll recipe!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 43 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 300 g cabbage
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 cup pork, ground
- 1/2 cup rice, malagkit, cooked
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tsp water
1. Cut large pieces of cabbage leaves into two. Remove the hard middle portion. Blanch for 15 seconds and soak in cold water. Set aside.
2. Combine ingredients for filling. Mix thoroughly. Wrap every 1 tablespoon of mixture in cabbage leaves then secure with toothpick. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, chicken stock and salt to taste. Allow to simmer then add cabbage rolls. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until cooked. Remove toothpick before serving.
This Cabbage Rolls recipe contains protein which is important for the growth and repair of body tissues. It also provides vitamin C which aids in wound healing.
The cooked rice adds moisture, binds the meat together and adds tenderness.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Crocheting Thread
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment