Cheesy Chicken Afritada Recipe
Give this saucy Pinoy favorite a yummy cheesy twist!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 400 g chicken thigh fillet, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup cheese, processed, grated
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, cut into 1 x 1-inch cubes
- Sauté onion and garlic. Add chicken strips and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add patis and stir until it has evaporated then add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until carrots and potatoes are cooked.
- Add the cheese and bell peppers. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
This delicious Cheesy Chicken Afritada dish is a source of vitamin A that helps maintain eye health and promotes normal growth and development. It also contains niacin that helps break down carbohydrates, protein and fats in the body.
Slice the carrots and potatoes evenly to ensure even cooking.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment