Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Recipe
Flavors of Italy in one heartwarming chicken pasta dish.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 46 mins.
Serving Size : 9
- 400 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into wide strips
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper, black
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 1/4 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup button mushroom, canned, each piece cut into 4 wedges
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into small cubes
- 8 pc black olives, pitted, sliced thinly
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (560g)
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 pc star anise
- salt, to taste
- 2/3 cup cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat pan with butter or margarine. Brown the chicken then add garlic and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add mushrooms, bell peppers and olives. Stir for 5 more minutes.
3. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, chicken broth or water, star anise and salt to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add half of cheese. Allow to simmer. Set aside.
4. Mix remaining cheese with cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Pour sauce over pasta. Top with remaining cheese.
This Chicken Cacciatore Pasta dish is a source of protein that promotes growth and development. It also aids in formation of antibodies that fight illnesses.
Browning the chicken first ensures a nice color on the meat and a deeper, meatier flavor that goes into the sauce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Please login to post your comment