Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
Create this mouthwatering Italian classic today.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Chicken & Del Monte Pasta
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 28 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (411g), each piece sliced into two
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (560g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked as per package direction
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh
1. Coat the chicken thighs in DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix and tap off the excess. Dip in egg then coat again in DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix for a thicker and crunchier crust.
2. Fry then drain excess oil. Set aside.
3. In a separate pan, heat oil and sauté onions and tomatoes.
4. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Simmer and season with salt and pepper.
5. Slice the cooked chicken into large strips. Pour sauce on top of cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with sliced chicken, parmesan cheese, and basil. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups