Chicken Tinuom Recipe
This Visayan dish will add variety to everyday meals.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1 pc banana leaf, washed, to be laid in the pot
- 500 g chicken, thigh and leg
- 2 Tbsp ginger, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, red, sliced
- 2 pcs tanglad, pounded and tied
- 1 liter water
- 1 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (200g), drained
1. Lay banana leaves in a pot. Put chicken thigh and leg, ginger, garlic, red onion, tanglad, water, chicken bouillon cube, patis, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer covered until chicken is cooked.
This regional dish contains iron which is essential for the normal metabolism of the body. It also has niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
The traditional tinuom uses native chicken which is very flavorful and lean. If it is not available, use regular chicken.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Pot with Lid
- Measuring Cups
- Serving Bowl
Please login to post your comment