Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
A must-try soup that's heartwarming and tummy-filling.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Soup, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 11 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 300 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 5 cups water
- 1 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano, ground
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup DEL MONTE Whole Kernel Corn (432g), drained
- 1 cup red kidney beans, canned, drained
- 1 1/2 cup tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup cilantro, leaves only
1 In a pot, sauté onion until translucent, add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
2. Add chicken and sauté until almost dry. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, and chicken bouillon cube then mix.
3. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and pepper then mix and simmer. Add cornstarch slurry.
4. Add DEL MONTE Whole Kernel Corn and red kidney beans then simmer until cooked.
5. To serve, top with tortilla chips then garnish with cilantro.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon