Longganisa Rice Recipe
Transform breakfast leftovers to this fried rice!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Rice, Pork & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 250 g longganisa, garlic, removed from casing
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- salt, to taste
- 5 cups rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp onion, green, sliced
1. Sauté longganisa until oil is extracted. Remove excess oil. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, bell peppers, and salt. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add rice. Blend well. Top with green onions.
This recipe is a good source of protein. Protein is important for the growth, development and repair of body tissues.
The best type longganisa to use for this recipe is garlic longganisa because it goes well with the sauce. Hamonado type or the sweet type of longganisa will be too strongly flavored for this dish.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment