Chili Cheese Burrito Bowl Recipe
Easy Mexican-style rice bowl that will surely be a favorite!
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Condiments
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 7 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 300 g beef, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 4 cup rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 can red kidney beans (432g) (optional), drained
- 1/4 cup melting cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Sauté the onion in oil until aromatic. Add the beef then season with salt and pepper. Sauté until browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan then set aside. In the same pan, sauté the rice then add DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup, cumin, half of cilantro, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In a serving bowl, put 1 cup of rice then top with ground beef, red kidney beans, and cheese. Drizzle with sour cream and other half of cilantro.
This yummy rice bowl is rich in vitamin A and iron. Vitamin A promotes healthy skin and normal vision, while iron is needed for metabolism. This dish is also a source of fiber which aids in digestion.
Do not throw away cilantro stems. Chop them and add them to the dish for an added cilantro flavor.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board