Chorizo and Olive Pasta Recipe
Impress loved ones with the sophisticated flavors of this dish.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 30 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chorizo pamplona (opt. bilbao or any spanish style chorizo), sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (1kg)
- 1 cup black olives, pitted, sliced into 3, crosswise
- 1 cup green olives, pitted, sliced into 3, crosswise
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Sauté chorizo in olive oil until it releases its own fat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute, and add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer. Add olives and simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.
2. Toss with pasta. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve.
Pasta is a source of carbohydrates that provides the body with energy as well as fuel for the brain and nerves. This dish also contains protein needed to support growth and development.
For this recipe, it is best to use the spanish type of chorizo like chorizo de bilbao or pamplona which are readily available in the supermarket. Sweet chorizo will have a different effect on the final taste.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment