Classic Afritada Recipe
Enjoy the classic afritadang manok the Del Monte way.
Chicken afritada is a beloved Filipino dish fit for any special occasion. If you're looking for a classic chicken afritada recipe to wow your loved one's taste buds, you're in luck! Here's how to cook afritada manok that will brighten your family's day.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 12 min.
Cooking Time : 43 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 300 g chicken, thigh, bone in
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/4 cup Baguio beans, sliced into 2-inch long
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 2-inch strips
- 12 pcs quail eggs, hard-boiled and shelled (optional)
- Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrot. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce- and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Baguio beans, bell pepper, and quail eggs, if desired. Simmer for 5 minutes.
This Classic Afritada recipe is rich in vitamin A that promotes normal growth and development as well as protect one from infections. It is also a source of niacin which helps suppress inflammation and helps improve circulation.
Overcooked vegetables become mushy. Pierce potato with a fork. It is cooked if the fork slides in easily.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon