Meat and Potato Casserole Recipe
Prepare this hearty recipe for simple, quiet nights at home with the family.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 10
FOR THE MASHED POTATO
- 500 g potato
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 1/2 tsp salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 cup green peas, frozen, cooked
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (optional)
1. Boil potatoes until cooked. Peel. While still hot, mash potatoes until thick and lump free. Add margarine, milk, and salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, beef, pork, and ham in oil. Add raisins, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, DEL MONTE Sweet Chili Sauce and water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add green peas. Simmer once. Pour mixture into baking pan. Top with layer of mashed potatoes. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board