Classic Style Carbonara Recipe
Want to learn how to make great carbonara? Here's an easy recipe!
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 100 g bacon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce (200g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (175g), cooked (reserve 1/4 cup pasta broth)
- 3 Tbsp cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Cook bacon for 10 minutes or until brown and crunchy. Set aside bacon.
2. In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add butter, reserved pasta water and DEL MONTE Carbonara Pasta Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, with continuous stirring.
3. Scoop a portion of sauce into the egg yolk and mix. Return to sauce and turn off the heat. Add cooked pasta, bacon, cheese and parsley.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?