Classic Style Carbonara Recipe
Want to learn how to make great carbonara? Here's an easy recipe!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 100 g bacon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce (200g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (175g), cooked (reserve 1/4 cup pasta broth)
- 3 Tbsp cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Cook bacon for 10 minutes or until brown and crunchy. Set aside bacon.
2. In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add butter, reserved pasta water and DEL MONTE Carbonara Pasta Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, with continuous stirring.
3. Scoop a portion of sauce into the egg yolk and mix. Return to sauce and turn off the heat. Add cooked pasta, bacon, cheese and parsley.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?