Crusted Cheesy Eggplant Recipe
Transform the humble eggplant into an impressive dish!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 650 g eggplant, approximately 10 pieces
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 pc egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cup oil
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 100 g bacon, fried then crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheese spread
1. Slice the eggplant with stem into 3 to 4 pieces lengthwise. Sprinkle with flour, then dip in egg. Coat with breadcrumbs.
2. Fry until just golden brown. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
3. Top eggplant with DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Sprinkle with bacon then drizzle with cheese spread. If desired, bake in oven toaster.
This Crusted Cheesy Eggplant dish is high in vitamin B1 that helps release energy from food. It is also a source of calcium needed for bone health.
Eggplants are like sponges and will soak oil as you fry. To minimize oil absorption, be sure to get the oil at the proper temperature. Take a pinch of breadcrumbs then drop into the oil. The breadcrumbs should sizzle and turn golden brown in a few seconds when oil is ready.
Please login to post your comment