Del Monte Red Beef Bulalo Recipe
Comfort food with a twist! Everyone will love coming home to this hearty stew.
A classic favorite of Filipinos, we bring you a beef bulalo recipe that's easy to whip up in your home kitchen! Learn how to cook bulalo to warm your days and fill your family's stomachs with a hearty and delicious soup.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 17 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 500 g beef, shank/kenchi, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, sliced
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn, crushed
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 6 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g corn, each cut into 3
- 2 pc banana, saba, ripe, peeled and each cut into 3
- 2 1/2 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 2 bundle pechay Baguio, sliced
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced
- Combine beef, onion, ginger, peppercorns, DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce, and water. Season with salt to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until meat is almost tender.
- Add corn, saba, and potatoes. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add pechay and leeks. Allow to simmer.
This tasty Del Monte Red Bulalo dish contains vitamin C and niacin. Vitamin C helps in wound healing and keeps gums healthy. On the other hand, niacin helps convert the food that we eat to energy.
Beef kenchi is boneless beef shank. This cut has a lot of connective tissues and tough muscle. Cook over low heat to break down the litid, resulting in more tender meat and a more flavorful dish.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment