Egg Sausage Surprise Recipe
A delicious appetizer with just few simple ingredients!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Pork & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1/4 cup water
- 150 g longganisa, Vigan, removed from casing
- 8 pcs pandesal (large), halved
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce (115g)
- 5 Tbsp garlic, crushed and fried to brown
- 1 pc salted egg, sliced
- 100 g melting cheese, coarsely grated
1. Preheat oven at 350°F if using a conventional oven. You may also use a toaster oven.
2. Cook the longganisa in water, then fry in own oil until cooked. Drain excess oil. Spread pandesal with DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet Style Pizza Sauce. Top with remaining ingredients. Bake until cheese melts.
This Egg Sausage Surprise recipe is a source of protein and calcium. Protein helps in growth, development, and repair of body tissues while calcium is important in the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth.
The water serves to lubricate the fat of the longganisa as you cook it down to melt the fat. Keep the heat on low so that the longganisa does not brown too quickly.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment