Fish Afritada Recipe
A delicious seafood version of a classic Pinoy fave.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood, Del Monte Tomato Sauce & Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 300 g labahita fillet, filleted and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 tsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup pork stock
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup Baguio beans, sliced, each piece cut into 3
- 1/3 cup green peas, frozen, cooked
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, sliced into strips
1. Season fish with calamansi juice, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with flour and then fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In the same oil, sauté garlic, onions, potato, and carrot. Add pork stock, laurel leaf, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add Baguio beans, green peas, bell peppers, and fish. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon