Fish in Pineapple Ginger Sauce Recipe
Make your regular fish dish more exciting with this recipe.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 1/2 kgs tilapia, filleted and cut into chunks (12 pcs)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 1/3 cups singkamas, cut into chunks
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g)
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch long strips
1 Sprinkle fish with salt. Coat with flour or cornstarch. Fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
2 Sauté ginger and singkamas in margarine. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks including syrup, sugar, salt, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
3 Add cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes and pour sauce over fish. Top with green onions.
This dish is rich in vitamins A and B1. Vitamin A promotes healthy skin and normal vision while vitamin B1 supports normal growth and helps the body in converting food to energy.
Stir the sauce as you add the cornstarch mixture to prevent the sauce from forming lumps.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula
Please login to post your comment