Fish in Pineapple Ginger Sauce Recipe
Make your regular fish dish more exciting with this recipe.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 1/2 kgs tilapia, filleted and cut into chunks (12 pcs)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 1/3 cups singkamas, cut into chunks
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g)
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch long strips
1 Sprinkle fish with salt. Coat with flour or cornstarch. Fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
2 Sauté ginger and singkamas in margarine. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks including syrup, sugar, salt, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
3 Add cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes and pour sauce over fish. Top with green onions.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula