Fruity Caramel Pie Recipe
Amaze your friends and family with this sophisticated yet easy-to-make dessert!
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 2 hrs. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 12
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 3/4 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 2 Tbsp cashew nuts or walnuts, roasted then coarsely chopped
FOR THE CREAM TOPPING
- 1 cup all-purpose cream, chilled, whipped
- chocolate shavings (optional), for garnish
1. Combine ingredients for crust and press into an 8-inch loose bottom pie pan. Chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
2. Caramel Sauce: Heat and melt sugar in a pan without stirring until caramelized (light brown). Add butter, stir to melt. Remove from flame, and then add cream and salt. Stir and allow to cool slightly. Set aside.
3. Arrange DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and nuts over prepared crust. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Chill for another 15 minutes. Spoon cream over pie to cover fruits. Chill until ready to serve. Top with reserved fruit cocktail and add chocolate shavings if desired. Chill before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon