Fruity Pastillas Recipe
We've given a fruity twist to this classic Pinoy treat.
The milky dessert we’re all familiar with gets a fruity upgrade with the addition of DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail in our Pastillas recipe! Learn how to make Pastillas the Del Monte way today!
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 25
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), well-drained, chopped and pressed to drain
- 1 Tbsp cashew nuts, roasted, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups milk, powdered
- 2 Tbsp condensed milk, sweetened
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- Cook DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail over low heat for 13 minutes or until dry. Cool slightly. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients except sugar. Add the drained DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Mix well. Form every 1 tablespoon of the mixture into cylinder. Roll in sugar then wrap in cellophane.
This dessert is a source of calcium that helps in the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth.
Be sure to cook the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail over low-heat so that it does not burn before it dries out. Cooking until dry prevents the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail from watering down the milk which will make the pastillas too soft.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon