Pork Humba with Pine Recipe
Try this Pork Humba recipe made more delicious with Del Monte Pineapple!
Pork Humba is a sweet pork dish the resembles pork adobo in appearance. Our Pork Humba recipe calls for a special ingredient to Piña-level it up! Learn how to cook Pork Humba the Del Monte Kitchenomics way today.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Pineapple, Del Monte Tomato Sauce & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 23 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1 kg pork, kasim, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp black beans (tausi), drained
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn
- 3 pcs star anise
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (200g), drained, reserve syrup
- In a casserole, cook sugar and pork in oil until sugar has caramelized. Add tausi and garlic and cook for few more minutes or until meat is slightly brown.
- Add DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar, soy sauce, laurel, peppercorn, star anise, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Do not stir until it simmers.
- Add water, reserved pineapple syrup, and salt. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer for 2 minutes.
This Pork Humba with Pine recipe contains vitamin B1 that helps support normal growth and helps convert food into energy. It also contains iron that is needed for normal metabolism.
Simmer the dish over low heat until it is tender. Slowly cooking meat makes sure that the meat is not only tender but also flavorful.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon