Holiday Pasta Recipe
Get into the holiday mood with this rich and hearty pasta dish that you can bring to your Christmas potluck parties!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 30 mins.
Serving Size : 18
FOR THE WHITE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk, evaporated (370ml)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 800 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1 1/3 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 7 pc chicken hotdog, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce (1kg)
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (900g), cooked
- 1/3 cup green onions (optional), chopped
- 1 cup cheese (optional), grated
1. WHITE SAUCE: Melt margarine in pan. Remove from heat and blend in flour until smooth. Add milk gradually while stirring. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onions, chicken, mushroom and hotdog in oil. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce, bell pepper, chicken stock, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. Blend in white sauce.
3. Pour over cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with green onions and grated cheese, if desired.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups