Kalabasa Guisado Recipe
A simple sautéed dish that is full of flavor!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 100 g pork, kasim, cut into strips
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Tomato Ginisa (30g)
- 6 Tbsp bagoong alamang
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 4 cups kalabasa/squash, cut into matchbox pieces
- 2 cups sitaw/yardlong beans, cut into 2-inch length
1. In a pan, heat oil and sauté the onion and garlic until aromatic. Add the pork and continue sautéing until lightly browned.
2. Add DEL MONTE Tomato Ginisa then toast the paste slightly.
3. Add bagoong and water then season with salt and pepper.
4. Add squash and simmer covered for 7 minutes. Then, add the sitaw and simmer for another 3 minutes.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula