Kinulob na Manok Recipe
Try a heartier version of this traditional chicken dish.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 45 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 pc chicken, whole (approx. 1.2kg)
- 100 g bacon
- 100 g onion, white, cut into chunks
- 150 g potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 pcs chorizo de bilbao, sliced into chunks
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 stalk onion, green
- chicken stock
- banana leaves
1. Rub chicken with salt to remove slimy surface. Rinse well. Set aside.
2. In a deep pot, light brown the bacon then discard the excess oil.
3. Add the chicken and other remaining ingredients. Cover with stock or water.
4. Put 2 layers of banana leaves on top, then cover with the lid. Bring to a boil then simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
5. If desired, mash potato in the sauce to thicken. Serve.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon