Try this sauce-sarap soup from in Visayas and Mindanao
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 2 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 300 g pork, ribs
- 1 liter rice washing
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 pc lemongrass, pounded and tied
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 1/2 cup gabi, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sitaw/yardlong beans, cut into 2 1/2-inch long, blanched
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch squares, blanched
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup spring onion, chopped
1. Place the ribs and rice washing in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes while its skin-off or remove any dark bubbles that rise to the top as you simmer.
2. Add the onions, lemongrass, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, and gabi. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the sitaw and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and season with salt. Top with spring onions just before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board