Mapo Tofu Recipe
Now you can prepare this Asian favorite at home!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 250 g tofu
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 300 g chicken, ground
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tenga ng daga, soaked in water then sliced
- 2 pc siling labuyo, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/4 cup water
1. Dice tofu and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken in oil. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add tofu and stir gently to blend with the meat mixture. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Did you know that tofu can be your low-cost, healthy alternative for meat? This Mapo Tofu recipe is also high in iron that is needed for the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen all over the body. On the other hand, niacin promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
For this recipe, it is best to use firm tofu which will hold its shape better than silken tofu.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment