Oxtail Stew Recipe
Try our easy, hearty version of a traditional stew.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 3 hrs. and 28 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 kg ox tail, cut up
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 3 cup beef stock
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 1/4 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
1. Season meat with salt and pepper, then dip in flour. In a pan, brown the meat in oil. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté celery for 3 minutes then add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the browned oxtail.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, stock, worcestershire sauce, and bayleaf. Simmer covered until the meat is tender or about 3 hours.
4. Add the potato, carrots and peeled shallots and simmer covered until the vegetables are cooked or fork tender.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board