Oxtail Stew Recipe
Try our easy, hearty version of a traditional stew.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 3 hrs. and 28 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 kg ox tail, cut up
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 3 cup beef stock
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 1/4 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
1. Season meat with salt and pepper, then dip in flour. In a pan, brown the meat in oil. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté celery for 3 minutes then add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the browned oxtail.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, stock, worcestershire sauce, and bayleaf. Simmer covered until the meat is tender or about 3 hours.
4. Add the potato, carrots and peeled shallots and simmer covered until the vegetables are cooked or fork tender.
This tasty dish is high in iron needed in the formation of red blood cells that distribute oxygen to the rest of the body. It is also high in vitamin A which is important for normal vision and healthy skin.
After dipping the oxtail in flour, tap them over a bowl to remove excess flour. Flour helps the browning of the meat but too much flour will burn in the pan as you are frying.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment