Pancake Balls Recipe
This treat can be a handy breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Our Pancake recipe gets a fun and fruity twist thanks to DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Keep reading to learn how to make homemade Pancake Balls your kids will surely go crazy.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 13 mins.
Serving Size : 7
FOR THE BATTER
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup reserved fruit cocktail syrup
- 1 pack hotcake mix
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserved syrup
- cooking oil
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the batter, then fold-in DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.
- Form every 1 tablespoon of the mixture into balls. Deep-fry in oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Using a strainer, dust with combined powdered sugar and cinnamon.
This Pancake Balls dish is a source of vitamin C that helps strengthen the immune system and fight common infections.
Do not overmix the batter. Mix only until the ingredients are combined to keep the product fluffy. Overmixing results to a tougher product because of overdeveloped proteins.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Mixing Bowl
- Paper Towel
- Sauce Pot