Pasta Chowder Recipe
Get some comfort with this hearty and filling chowder.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Seafood, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 kg clams (halaan), soaked in cold water for at least 20 minutes to remove sand
- 4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 150 g DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (200g)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Boil the clams in water. Cover the pot and cook until all the shells have opened. Remove the clams from their shells then reserve the clam stock.
2. Sauté garlic and onion in margarine. Add clam stock, salt, and pepper. Allow to boil then add DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and halaan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add milk and cheese. Cook for 2 minutes. Top with parsley, if desired.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board