Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
Cook this classic Italian favorite in your own home.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta, Del Monte Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 17 mins.
Serving Size : 9
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, large, sliced
- 2/3 cup button mushroom, canned, quartered
- 10 pcs black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (560g)
- 7 pcs anchovy fillet, flaked, reserve 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked
1. Heat combined oil of reserved anchovy oil and olive oil in pan. Sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, olives, and DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add anchovies, half of cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
4. Pour over or mix with cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with remaining cheese.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon