Savory Fruit Jelly Salad Recipe
Leave some space for this delectable and fruity dessert you can make easily.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 16
FOR THE GULAMAN
- 4 cups water
- reserved fruit cocktail syrup
- 4 tsp sugar, white
- 1 sachet gulaman powder (24g)
FOR THE SALAD MIXTURE
- 1 can condensed milk, sweetened (300ml)
- 1 cup all-purpose cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained, reserve syrup
- 3 pcs shrimp, boiled, shelled and diced
- 24 pcs quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients for gulaman in a pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan. Chill until set. Cut into cubes. Set aside.
2. Combine ingredients for salad. Mix with gulaman. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Cut lettuce and arrange on serving glasses. Scoop salad mixture into serving glasses and serve.
This dish is a source of vitamin A which is important for the normal structure and functioning of the skin and other body linings. Vitamin A also helps keep the immune system healthy.
To have a smooth surface on the gulaman, prick the bubbles on the surface using a toothpick or skim the foam with a spoon before chilling.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment