Cheesy Caldereta Pie Recipe
A delicious fusion of Pinoy favorites from Chef JP Anglo
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 1/3 cup Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, minced
- 2 Tbsp green olives, pitted, minced
- 500 g beef, sirloin, cut into strips
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Caldereta Sauce (80g)
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 tsp sugar, white
- 1/2 cup melting cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks
- 4 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 6 pc puff pastry sheet, cut into 4-inches round
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium flame, sauté onion and let it sweat.
2. Add garlic, carrots, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and green olives then sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add beef and sauté until browned. Add DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Caldereta Sauce and beef stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
5. When it starts to boil, remove cover and let it simmer until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
6. Add melting cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Turn off heat and let it cool.
7. Pre-heat oil for deep-frying.
8. To assemble empanada, lay out puff pastry on a table or tray, scoop 2 tablespoons of the mixture and put in the center, put mozzarella in the center of the mixture, fold the puff pastry and crimp edges to seal.
9. Deep-fry empanada until golden brown then drain. Best served hot.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Rubber Spatula
Please login to post your comment