Soft Chicken Tacos Recipe
Mexican meets Pinoy with these chicken tacos made tastier with Quick 'n Easy Mechado.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Chicken & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serving Size : 12
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 300 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into strips
- patis, to taste
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Mechado Sauce (80g)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 12 pc flour tortilla (6")
- 1/3 cup onion, white, sliced
- 200 g lettuce, shredded
- 1 pc tomato, diced
- 1 cup cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Sauté chicken in oil until lightly brown. Add patis to taste, DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Mechado Sauce, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chili powder. Set aside.
2. Heat flour tortillas in an ungreased pan. Wrap portion of sautéed chicken mixture, onion, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese on flour tortilla. Serve with sour cream on the side. If desired, serve with hot sauce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board