Sweet and Sour Fishballs Recipe
Make this street food favorite your own. Try out this simple recipe.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 1 cup water
- 400 g dalagang bukid
- 1 Tbsp ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup kamote, boiled and mashed
- 4 tsp green onions, chopped
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cup oil, for deep frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g), drained, reserve 1/2 cup syrup
- 6 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1 Tbsp DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 4 stalk green onions, cut into 1-inch long pieces
1. Boil fish with ginger in water for 10 minutes. Drain, flake meat, and discard bones. Season with salt and pepper. Blend well with the rest of the ingredients except ingredients for sauce.
2. Form every tablespoon of mixture into balls. Deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Sauce: Combine the first 3 ingredients and reserved pineapple syrup. Season with pepper and soy sauce. Simmer. Add dissolved cornstarch and simmer, stirring constantly until cooked. Add bell peppers and green onions. Pour over fishballs just before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment