Szechuan Pork Recipe
Savor the flavors of this classic oriental dish.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 400 g pork, lomo/tenderloin, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- oil, for frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 3 pc siling labuyo, seeded and crushed
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 tsp tenga ng daga, soaked
- 1/4 cup labong/bamboo shoot, boiled and squeezed
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved with 1/2 Tbsp water
- 6 cup rice, cooked
1. Season pork with soy sauce and salt. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Fry until lightly brown. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic, onions, siling labuyo, ginger, pork, and all vegetables. Cook for 1 minute. Add sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Add cornstarch. Simmer until sauce thickens. Serve over steaming rice.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Mixing Bowl
- Sauté Pan