Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce Recipe
A healthy alternative to chicken nuggets that still packs the flavor yet is very easy to do.
Looking for a healthy alternative to chicken nuggets? This Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce recipe is exactly that! Plus, it gets a fruity kick, thanks to DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Learn how to cook Tofu Nuggets your kids will surely love today!
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 300 g tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- Coat tofu cubes in flour then dip in beaten eggs. Dip in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the coated tofu in hot oil until golden brown. Set aside to drain on a tray lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Sauté the onions, green and red bell peppers and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits then set aside.
- Add the DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Barbecue Marinade, reserved pineapple syrup, and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until thickened. Toss in the cooked tofu. Serve.
Did you know that tofu can be your low-cost, healthy alternative to meat? This Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce dish also contains iron that is needed for normal metabolism and in making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
To add texture to the tofu, use Japanese breadcrumbs instead of ordinary breadcrumbs. Japanese breadcrumbs are coarser which will contrast nicely against the silken tofu.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups