Tofu Vegetable Kare-Kare Recipe
Love kare-kare? Try our version of kare-kareng gulay.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g)
- 200 g puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup sitaw, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups eggplant, sliced
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups pechay Tagalog
- 350 g towka/tofu, cut into two, fried then cut into cubes
- Boil water with bouillon cube. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare Kare Mix, banana heart, sitaw, eggplant, and salt to taste. Boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pechay and tofu. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
This healthy recipe is high in vitamin A that supports normal growth. It is also high in iron that aids in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen all over the body, and calcium for stronger bones and teeth.
For a crispier sitaw and pechay, blanch in boiling water just until it turns bright green, then drop in cold water and drain. Add just before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon