Creamy Pork Menudo Recipe
Have a go at this home-cooked Filipino favorite.
There are many variations of how to cook Pork Menudo. Here we teach you a version of a Pork Menudo recipe that combines cream and Del Monte Tomato Sauce for a delightful twist to this Pinoy classic.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 18 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 cups onion, red, thinly sliced
- 650 g pork, kasim, cut into chunks
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup potato, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- In a pot, sauté onions until translucent.
- Add pork kasim and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and water. Cook for 30 - 45 minutes or until tender.
- Add the carrots and potatoes, cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add in salt and cream before serving.
This heartwarming dish provides vitamin A that helps maintain normal vision and healthy skin, as well as strengthen the immune system.
Add the cream with the heat turned off so that it does not curdle.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board