Tom Yum Goong Recipe
Impress your family with this easy take on the traditional Thai dish, made even heartier with Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 4
FOR THE TOM YUM PASTE
- 3 pc sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 2 Tbsp yellow ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro stem, chopped
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tsp sugar, brown
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sinigang mix
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 200 g cream dory fillet, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 200 g mussels (tahong)
- 200 g shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- 1 1/4 cup button mushroom, canned (400g)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, for garnishing
1. In a blender, mix all ingredients for the tom yum paste until it turns into a thick purée or mash.
2. Sauté tom yum paste over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add water, sinigang mix, and DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
3. Add tahong, dory fillet, shrimp, and mushrooms. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
4. Top with cilantro before serving.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board