Tonkatsu Burger Recipe
A great baon idea using leftover Pork Tonkatsu!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 31 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 600 g pork, loin, boneless-skinless, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 packs bread crumbs, Japanese
- 2 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 1/8 tsp sugar, white
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1/8 cup water
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 pcs hamburger bun
1. For the Pork Tonkatsu: Dredge pork slices in DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Breading Mix, egg, then bread crumbs. Deep fry until golden brown and then cut into strips.
2. For the Tonkatsu Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place lettuce and a piece of pork tonkatsu on top of a bun.
4. Spread tonkatsu sauce over pork tonkatsu then top with the other half of the bun.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon