Bacon Pork Mechado Recipe
Give traditional mechado a bacon twist!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 30 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 500 g pork, kasim, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup ng soy sauce
- 1 kutsara ng calamansi juice
- 1 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup ng bacon, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup ng tubig
- 1/2 cup ng sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup ng tubig
- 1 1/2 cups marble potato
- 1/2 cup ng bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch diced
- 1/4 cup ng black olives, pitted (optional)
1. Marinate the pork in soy sauce, calamansi juice, and garlic for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a pot, put the bacon and water to allow the bacon fat to melt and brown. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes then remove the shallots from the pot.
3. Add the marinated pork, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the marination.
4. Add the marble potatoes and the sautéed shallots then simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Add the bell pepper then add olives, if desired.
This recipe is a source of iron and niacin. Iron is essential for normal metabolism and immune function while niacin helps maintain healthy skin and nerves.
Adding water to a pot of bacon makes the bacon melt faster as the water helps distribute the heat faster.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spatula
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment