Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
Bits of pineapple add a refreshing twist to this classic chicken macaroni salad. It's a must-have at celebrations and great for merienda, too!
Christmas is not complete without the Chicken Macaroni Salad. Just like spaghetti, Filipinos got the Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe from the Americans and have adapted it to our Filipino tastes. Once you learn how to make Chicken Macaroni salad, you can easily double or triple this recipe for any gathering or occasion!
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Pasta
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 5 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 3 3/4 cup ng mayonnaise
- 1 kg DEL MONTE Salad Macaroni (1Kg), cooked
- 600 g chicken, breast fillet, cooked and diced
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 cup ng bell pepper, red, diced
- 2 cup ng carrot, peeled, boiled, and diced
- 1 cup ng onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ng pickle relish
- 2 cup ng raisins
- 2 cup ng celery, peeled, diced
- 1 kutsarita ng asin
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 cup ng cheese, processed, diced
- Combine mayonnaise and reserved pineapple syrup.
- Combine all ingredients and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Chill then top with the remaining cheese.
This salad is a source of vitamin A which helps maintain normal vision and healthy skin. It also has iron needed in the formation of red blood cells that distribute oxygen to the rest of the body.
The reserved syrup makes the consistency of the mayonnaise thinner and easier to mix with the other ingredients. It also adds additional moisture to the salad.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon