Chicken Pochero Recipe
A warm and hearty dish that the whole family will love coming home to.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Tomato Sauce & Pinoy Dishes
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 10 mins.
Serving Size : 12
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 1 1/2 kutsarita ng garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup ng onion, red, chopped
- 1 piraso ng chicken, whole (approximately 1-1.3 kg), cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 2/3 cup ng tubig
- 3/4 cup ng sweet potato/kamote, cut into quarters
- 1 2/3 cup ng banana, saba, cut diagonally
- 3/4 cup ng green beans, sliced into 2
- 1 1/2 can pork and beans (230g)
- 3/4 cup ng pechay Tagalog
1. Heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
2. Slightly brown the chicken on all sides. Add patis, cook until dry.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Once chicken is cooked, add kamote and simmer over medium heat until kamote is tender.
5. Add saba, green beans and pork and beans then simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add stalks of pechay, once cooked, add pechay leaves and turn off heat.