Classic Afritada Recipe
Enjoy the classic afritadang manok the Del Monte way.
Chicken afritada is a beloved Filipino dish fit for any special occasion. If you're looking for a classic chicken afritada recipe to wow your loved one's taste buds, you're in luck! Here's how to cook afritada manok that will brighten your family's day.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 12 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 43 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 2 kutsara ng onion, red, sliced
- 300 g chicken, thigh, bone in
- 1/3 cup ng tubig
- 1/2 kutsarita ng asin
- 2/3 cup ng potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup ng carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/4 cup ng Baguio beans, sliced into 2-inch long
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into 2-inch strips
- 12 mga piraso ng quail eggs, hard-boiled and shelled (optional)
- Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrot. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce- and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Baguio beans, bell pepper, and quail eggs, if desired. Simmer for 5 minutes.
This Classic Afritada recipe is rich in vitamin A that promotes normal growth and development as well as protect one from infections. It is also a source of niacin which helps suppress inflammation and helps improve circulation.
Overcooked vegetables become mushy. Pierce potato with a fork. It is cooked if the fork slides in easily.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment