Classic Mechado Recipe
An old favorite for when you need a hearty meal.
Beef Mechado, also known as Mechadong Baka is the ultimate comfort food for many Filipino families. Here's a classic beef mechado recipe that's easy to cook in your home kitchen! Everyone will love the combination of tender beef and vegetables in a rich and hearty mechado sauce made with Del Monte Tomato Sauce!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 4 hrs. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 8
FOR THE MARINADE
- 3 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kutsara ng DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar (47cl)
- 1/2 kutsarita ng peppercorn
- 1 kg beef, round
- 200 g pork fat, cut into 3-inch long strips
- 3 kutsara ng oil, for frying
- 5 mga piraso ng sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, each piece cut into 2
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup ng tubig
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 2 cups potato, cut into chunks, and then fried
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Make a hole at the center of the meat. It should be deep enough to insert the pork fat. Marinate in the chiller for 30 minutes.
- Drain the meat but reserve the marinade. Set aside.
- Insert pork fat in the hole, making sure to have 1-2 inch overhang on both ends of the meat.
This classic dish contains iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body. It also has vitamin A that helps resist infections and maintains healthy skin.
When cooking the mechado, turn the meat every 30 minutes to make sure it tenderizes on all sides.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment