Classic Mechado Recipe
An old favorite for when you need a hearty meal.
Beef Mechado, also known as Mechadong Baka is the ultimate comfort food for many Filipino families. Here's a classic beef mechado recipe that's easy to cook in your home kitchen! Everyone will love the combination of tender beef and vegetables in a rich and hearty mechado sauce made with Del Monte Tomato Sauce!
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 4 hrs. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 8
FOR THE MARINADE
- 3 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kutsara ng DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar (47cl)
- 1/2 kutsarita ng peppercorn
- 1 kg beef, round
- 200 g pork fat, cut into 3-inch long strips
- 3 kutsara ng oil, for frying
- 5 mga piraso ng sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, each piece cut into 2
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup ng tubig
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 2 cups potato, cut into chunks, and then fried
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Make a hole at the center of the meat. It should be deep enough to insert the pork fat. Marinate in the chiller for 30 minutes.
- Drain the meat but reserve the marinade. Set aside.
- Insert pork fat in the hole, making sure to have 1-2 inch overhang on both ends of the meat.
This classic dish contains iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body. It also has vitamin A that helps resist infections and maintains healthy skin.
When cooking the mechado, turn the meat every 30 minutes to make sure it tenderizes on all sides.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon