Try this Pinoy version of meatloaf from Quezon Province.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 36 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 1 piraso ng egg, hard-boiled
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng oil
- 2 kutsarita ng garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup ng onion, chopped
- 500 g pork, ground
- 200 g cheesedog, diced
- 2 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 2 piraso ng egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup ng carrot, diced
- 1 1/4 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve some for garnish
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, red, diced but reserve some slices for garnish
- 1 1/4 cup ng gabi, coarsely grated
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/3 cup ng pickle relish
- 3 3/4 kutsara ng raisins
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng liver spread
- 1/3 cup ng cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup ng breadcrumbs
- banana leaves, cut to fit the size of llanera (mold)
- 1 piraso ng egg, beaten
- Cut hard boiled egg into wedges.
- Sauté garlic, onion, ground pork, and cheese dog for 2 minutes. Remove from flame. Combine with salt, pepper, beaten egg and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease the llanera and line with banana leaves cut to fit the size of llanera. Garnish bottom with slices of cooked eggs, carrot, pineapple, and bell pepper. Pour the beaten egg into the bottom of the llanera. Pour meat mixture. Cover and steam for 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
This dish is high in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections and promotes normal growth and development. It is also a source of calcium for bone health.
The banana leaf will help to unmold the hardinera easily and will give a nice aroma to the dish.
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board