Lechon Manok Ilonggo Recipe
This popular Ilonggo dish is loved all over the nation. Try it at home.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 30 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 58 mins.
Serving Size : 8
FOR THE MARINADE
- 3 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 1 kutsarita ng liquid seasoning
- 1 cup ng clear soda
- 1 kutsara ng calamansi juice
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 kg chicken, whole, stuffed and marinated
- 1 kutsarita ng ginger, sliced
- 2 stalk tanglad, lightly pounded
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 kutsara ng butter
- 1 kutsara ng mga buto ng atsuwete
- 1 kutsara ng cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
1. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, liquid seasoning, soda, calamansi juice, pepper, and reserved pineapple syrup.
2. Marinate the chicken for atleast 30 minutes.
3. Stuff the chicken with ginger, tanglad, bayleaf, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Set aside.
4. Heat butter and atsuete for 1 minute or until color is extracted. Drain and discard seeds. Brush chicken with atsuete-butter mixture. Broil in turbo broiler or oven at 375F for 1 hour, turning and basting every 15 minutes. Reserve drippings collected from turbo pot.
5. Combine drippings with reserved marinade. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch. Simmer until thick. Serve as gravy for chicken.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula